Summer Update Letter
August 10, 2015
Dear Franklin Towne Students and Parents,
We hope that you are enjoying your well-earned summer vacation! As we enter the last few weeks of summer, we wanted to reach out with a few things for you to keep in mind as you begin making your plans for the new school year:
· Bring Your Parent to School Day: Bring Your Parent to School Day will be held on Thursday, August 27th for students in Grades 5-8 and Friday, August 28th for students in Grades 1-4. Both days begin at 9:00 AM and we strongly encourage our students and parents attend to meet their teachers, see their classrooms, and hear about some of the exciting changes for the new school year.
· Opening Days of School: School begins for students in Grades 1-8 on Monday, August 31st with a regular schedule (8:30-3:15).
· Kindergarten Information: If you are a Kindergarten family and you have not received an invitation to meet your teacher during the opening week of school, please contact Mr. Munizza at 215-289-3389 to receive the time for your appointment. The Kindergarten meetings are mandatory for students and at least one parent or guardian. The first full day of Kindergarten is Tuesday, September 8th.
· Transportation: Please keep an eye on the mail for your bus information from the School District of Philadelphia. Letters should be sent out in the next few days. We do have a new school bus company this year. Contact information for the bus company will be shared in future newsletters and posted to the school website.
· Summer Learning Packet: Summer Learning Packets are posted on the school website. These packets are optional but strongly encouraged. Students with fully completed packets on the first day of school will receive rewards at the beginning of the year. No late or partially completed packets will be accepted.
· Supply Lists: Supply Lists are also posted to the school website. Please be sure students arrive on the first day of schools with all supplies required by their teachers.
· Free & Reduced Lunch Application: Free & Reduced Lunch forms can now be completed electronically through our school website. If you have questions, please contact Maryanne Gasparo at 215-289-3389.
· After School Program: Our After School Program is now full. Thank you for your support! The After School Program begins Tuesday, September 8th.
· Mark your Calendar: School is closed Friday September 4th, Monday, September 7th, and Friday, September 25th.
We hope that this information provides you with all the details you need to start another fantastic year at Franklin Towne. Please enjoy the rest of your summer days. We have big plans for the 2015-2016 school year!
Mr. Todd DuPell