Welcome to 8th Grade RELA!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
Hello, my name is Christine McLaughlin. I grew up in Northeast Philadelphia where I attended Archbishop Ryan High School.I received my undergraduate degree in Secondary Education and English from La Salle University. I have always loved reading and writing, and I hope to have a great year with you all! Feel free to email me with any questions you may have.
Homework Week of October 10
Monday: Final Draft of Narrative Due
Tuesday: Chapter 10 Questions
- What is Ponyboy trying to do in the parenthesis on page 164?
- On 167, what is the importance of Pony saying he doesn’t like baloney?
- Why does Pony ask Soda if he asked for Darry while he was sick?
- In this chapter, Pony shows he is able to better understand Dally and Darry. Give an example of each.
Wednesday: Outsiders Questions
Thursday: Study for Vocab quiz
Paragraph of the Week Checklist
- My name and class is at the top left on the first line.
- I have a heading in the middle on the first line
- Heading can simply be Paragraph of the Week or POW
- I wrote 5-8 sentences.
- My paragraph has a topic sentence.
- It is not all short sentences.
- It is evident that I put thought and effort into my paragraph.
- My grammar and spelling is correct.
- My paragraph has a concluding sentence.