Welcome to First Grade!!!!
Teacher: Ms. Andersen Class Size: 27 Students
*Please email me if you have any questions/concerns/notes or would like to request a parent phone call/meeting and I will get back to as soon as possible :)
- Gym is on Friday-- wear gym uniform and sneakers
- Pack a healthy snack every day! (Water only)
- Dismissal every Friday is at 1:30
- Sign up for the REMIND app to get class and school reminders via text message.
- Text @6983h6 to 81010 to start receiving messages
Daily Homework- Week of November 19th
No written homework this week. The only homework will be to practice the "trick words" from our Fundations program. Words below:
Unit 2 - the, a, and, is, his, of
Unit 3 - as, has, to, into, we, he, she, be, me, for, or
Unit 4 -you, your, I, they, was, one, said
Unit 5 -from, have, do, does
*Students are tested on these words during our Fundations tests. They must know how to read and spell these words.
Please check your student's green folder EVERY NIGHT! Please look for the following:
-Behavior log (please initial it every night and discuss the behavior recorded with your student)
-Important papers that need to be signed and returned to school
-Information regarding school events or activities
-Please clear out all papers that don't need to come back to school
Tests for the week of November 19th:
* Science Test - Solids, Liquids, and Gases
* Comprehension Test - Book Report
* Math - Turkey Project (students will be given a number and have to make an addition and subtraction fact that equals the number and show the number in picture form)
This Week *Reminders*:
- Turkey Trot Forms due today (No later!!!). If students do not bring forms in by this day, they will not be able to participate during our "Turkey Trot" on Wednesday
- Scholastic Book orders due today!!! To order online, go to scholastic.com/bookclubs and connect to our class using our Class Code: THP8F
- Turkey Trot Today, 12:00 Dismissal (NO ASP), Towne Dress Down
- No School- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!
- No School- Have a great weekend!
- Congratulations to our Student of the Month: Charleigh Puchon
- Literacy Night for Grades K-3 6:00-7:30 has been rescheduled to 11/29 (Sign-ups on school page)
- Sign up for Holiday Breakfast on school website (Breakfast is Saturday, 12/1)