I am Ms. Vollrath (you can call me Ms. V). I am now going into my fourth year teaching at Towne. I knew I wanted to be a teacher ever since I was a little girl, always playing school. I studied Early Childhood and Special Education at Temple University. This year I am teaching 2nd and 3rd Grade, Math and Reading, learning support. I am extremely excited to get this new school year started! We have lots of fun things in store! Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
Getting to know your teacher.....
My favorite color is purple.
I have a 2 year old daughter.
I love the beach.
I love country music.
I love teaching!
Franklin Towne has a variety of digital resources available to help support and augment our students’ learning experience. These resources can be found on our website under Towne Tech → Digital Learning.
Think Central is an online home of our RELA (Grades K-5) and Math Books (Grades K-6).
- Log on to http://www.thinkcentral.com/
- Click “Reading and Language Arts”, then click “Journeys”. Then fill in the following information:
- State: PENNSYLVANIA
- District: PHILADELPHIA CITY SCHOOL DIST
- School: FRANKLIN TOWNE ELEM CHARTER, PHILADELPHIA 19137
- Check Remember My Information so that this information only needs to be entered once**
- Username: FirstName.LastName
- Example: John Smith would be john.smith
- Password: towne
- Click “Library” to access all textbooks and workbooks, as well as extra-support activity books.
- On the right click "Reading"
- The workbook we use is called "Journeys Reader's Notebook"
1. Please send in your box tops. We are competing with other classes this year.
2. This year, we are introducing students to Learning Logs. These are great tools that students can use to assess their own knowledge. It provides us with feedback on their learning while promoting independence and ownership. Learning logs will be reviewed after a lesson and before a test. Ultimately, our goal for learning logs is use them as a tool for reviewing and studying.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR SCHOOL CALENDAR
(Please check the school website for weekly updates.)
Our Class Rules!
Remember to always be respectful.
Treat others as you want to be treated.
Listen to each other.
Pay attention and do your very best.
Student Of The Month