Franklin Towne Charter Elementary School September 2018
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Welcome to the new school year! I’m thrilled to have your child in my technology classroom this year and look forward to getting to know you and your child better. Together, we’ll form a productive partnership to ensure your child achieves his or her highest potential.
I’m looking forward to a year filled with challenges and excitement. The following outline is to help you understand what your child will be focusing on throughout the school year. This year, we will focus on the following areas:
- Microsoft 365 Applications - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Photo Story 3
- Internet Safety
In order to support your child’s learning, I ask that you ensure him or her:
- Comes prepared for class each week and is responsible for their work when they are absent.
- Completes projects on time and studies vocabulary.
- Practices keyboarding skills regularly.
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of and involved in the learning process.
- Let’s me know if they need support in any way.
In order to accomplish all of our learning goals this year, there are some school supplies your child will need. Please have your child bring the following school supplies to class by next week.
- 2 Sharpened Pencils
If you have any questions about these items please don’t hesitate to ask me! In addition, if you have questions or concerns about any part of the school year please reach out to me either during school hours, by email at by phone at (215) 289-3389.
Let’s work together to make this the best school year ever for your child!
Ms. Tracy West
Technology Teacher K-8